Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Cup

Im sitting in the only open seat I could find in a crowed coffee shop on Pearl Street in Boulder. The "paradoxical mix of left-leaning politcally-correct environmentalism and yuppiedom" how much do you love that last word? Its the only place I could find with wireless internet so I compromised. Apparently I picked a bad seat. The entire time I have been sitting here I have been dive bombed by dangerous flies. There are about 6 of them that are flying around in circles around this little area and the girl across from me and the man beside me and I have been desperately trying to swat them away. So far, no use. I came here to study for midterms and instead I am being attacked by flies.

But other than that the day has been good. I love having my alone days. I got home this morning and packed up my stuff that I would need to study for the day. I drove over to boulder and went to the campus. I sat in the shade beneath a beautiful big tree but it was windy and millions of leaves kept falling on me so I decided to head for the library. Here I felt like a real student studying at a table, even though I had such a problem trying to find the entrance. But once there I accomplished a lot. Is it strange to go study and hang out by yourself at a university that you dont even go to? Gosh Im such a poser. After that I came over to the cafe where I have been since and am enjoying studying at my leisure. Just because im lacking friends right now doesnt mean its bad to hang out by myself. Im making the most of it. I just wish these flies would go away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not a poser, you just want to be there badly, there's nothing wrong with that.
-Brother