Wednesday, March 12, 2008

constructive criticism

In high school they taught us that we needed to start adjusting to teachers we didnt like then because in college it would be so much worse. i never believed that they were actually right.

i have been working hard on this paper i have for my research writing class. the whole semester my professor hasnt been the kindest or most respectful towards me i feel. her responses on my papers have not been very constructive and i have been getting let down a lot. every time i leave her class im in the worst mood. so the classes main focus is writing this one long research paper for the whole semester. I changed my topic about two weeks ago and have been working hard researching on it and gathering information. we had a four page rough draft due this week and today we each met with her individually and had meetings about our paper.

i thought that she was finally going to be pleased with me because i had put so much effort into it. She even stated off nice, "I like your new topic" "I was worried about your last one" And then for the remaining 15 minutes of our meeting she ripped my paper and my self-esteem apart. I was actually proud of my rough draft come to find she gave me a 30 out of 40 on it and went off about how my sources werent good enough, my reasoning wasnt good enough. She said she would be shocked if i would be able to pull this off in time. She said that i would "actually" have to put some effort into it. little does she know that i worked my butt off. her only advice for me is to "go to the library" oh thanks, real good advice.

guh, so im spending the day reflecting, trying to tell myself that im not a horrible student, and even if she doenst realize how hard i worked, i still can. and there are going to be a lot worse people i encounter in life so i better get used to it.

3 comments:

ReckenRoll said...

Lillybutt - you should put the word verification on your blog so annoying jerks like ditaur can't spam you with ads.

xoxoxo

ReckenRoll said...

(that was my attempt at constructive criticism) :)

ReckenRoll said...

hello!